What to Do After You Enter Through the Door
by Daniel Whyte III
Dear Friend, this article is primarily for people who have already entered through the "Door" of Life by accepting Jesus Christ as their Saviour. If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour as of yet, please do so today by simply believing in Jesus Christ - that He died for you, that He was buried and rose again, and by calling on His Name to save you.
"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."
Jesus Christ said, "I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture." (John 10:9).
I am convinced that there are many people who have entered through the "Door," that is, they have been truly saved, but sadly no one ever sat down with them and told them correctly what they should do after they have entered through the "Door."
Getting saved is most important, but what you do after you are saved is very important as well. Following are seven things that you definitely need to do after you are saved:
1. Get Baptized. Matthew 28:19: "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost." It is very important that you obey the Lord and follow Him in Believers' Baptism. Even if you were baptized at another time in your life, if you are just now truly getting saved, you still need to be baptized again because you were not saved the first time you were baptized. You see, we don't get baptized to be saved, rather we get baptized because we are saved.
2. Join with a good church. Hebrews 10:25: "Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching." Let's face it, everything that says church on it is not necessarily a church of the Lord Jesus Christ. For there are many false churches and teachers in the world.
Below are some marks of a good church:
A. The pastor preaches from the Word of God - the Bible, and he strives to practice what he preaches.
B. The church stands on the basics of the Christian faith. The basics of the Christian faith are:
C. An emphasis is put on reaching out to others with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
D. The love of Jesus Christ is shown.
These are just a few marks of a good church. Pray and follow the Lord's leading.
3. Allow yourself to be trained. Matthew 28:20: "Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen." This will mean that you will have to humble yourself and listen to your pastor and those he appoints to help you. You see, becoming a Christian is something totally new to you and there are many important things that you will have to learn from others who are trained and have the experience.
4. Pray daily. Luke 18:1: "And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint." You will find that regular prayer unto God will be one of your greatest sources of strength, power and blessing.
5. Read your Bible daily. Romans 10:17: "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." As they say, "When you pray, you talk to God. When you read your Bible, God talks to you." Do you want to live a vibrant, strong, useful and successful Christian life? Then you will want to read and meditate on your Bible daily.
6. Witness for Christ daily. Acts 1:8: "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth." Jesus Christ commands us to witness for Him. One of the greatest joys you will ever have in this life is to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with another person. A greater joy is to see them come to know your Saviour as their Saviour. So plant the seed everywhere you go and allow God to use you to "turn many from darkness to light."
Congratulations on entering through the "Door" of Eternal Life by believing in our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Trusting Jesus Christ, as your personal Saviour is the most important thing you will ever do. Now that you are saved, let's live for the One who died for us. God bless you as you serve Him.
7. If you are willing to follow Jesus Christ as one of His disciples, pray with me the following prayer: Holy Father, I pray in the name of Jesus Christ, please forgive and cleanse me of all sin. Create within me a pure heart and a right spirit. Please help me to do the things that I just read, and grant me your grace to be a Christian that will glorify your name. In the name of Jesus Christ I pray. Amen.
If you prayed the prayer above and made the decision to follow Jesus Christ, please fill out the form below so that we can be in contact with you:
Fill out my online form.